Does your accent match the area you live in?

I live in Northeast Wisconsin
For some reason,I have a Chicago accent
The more animated I get,the stronger it gets
The weird thing is,I've never lived there. I've visited a few times.
Everyone around here either sounds Canadian,or like they're from Minnesota

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Mine is a mixture of southern and Minnesota. I've never lost my Texas twang completely and if I've had a few beers it REALLY comes out.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:20 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I have lived in NY all my life and was raised in NYC. When I travel people always say "you are from NY, I love your accent"
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:23 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I am Cuban but I do not have a Cuban accent, I was taught English by Americans in Cuba, I fool a lot of people this way......in Miami!

Answer by older at 10:32 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I live in the south, and I definitely have a southern accent. My family up north thinks it's so funny to listen to me talk when we go to visit. My youngest, though, has me beat for a thick southern accent. I giggle at him sometimes when he says certain words.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:37 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• wendy, my dd is like that! She hangs around my daddy a lot, so, you know lol they went fishing the other day and she came back and told me, "Mama, look what PawPaw let me keep....minners!" lol she had a bucket full of minnows.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I reckon I have a southern accent. To me, I don't sound as "southern" as you see on tv, but you can probably tell I'm from the south.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• josie, I figure mine isn't quite as a bad because even though I've lived here most of my life, I was born up north, learned how to talk there. My kids, though, were born here so they really have it. The biggest for me is that I say "ya'll" a lot. lol My mom thinks it's really hilarious, though, that when I get mad and I'm yelling at someone or lecturing my kids, that's when it gets really noticeable that I have an accent.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:11 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• ^^^have you tried not saying y'all? I've tried before, and it's just seems unnatural.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:20 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• OH YEAH! I have a thick Southern accent and I live in Alabama. The more upset and mad I get, the thicker it gets lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I am from TX and I definately have a southern accent.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 1, 2013