Transportation

My ex has filed again for me to be responsible for half the transportation. I don't drive due to a medical condition so it is out of the question. When he moved an hour away it was coed that he provide all transportation what should I do?

AAP1988

Asked by AAP1988 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• Well, if there is a medical condition preventing you from driving, there really isn't much he can do about getting you to be responsible for half.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• josie I don't even have a license either.
    AAP1988

Comment by AAP1988 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Yeah, he can file all he wants. Let him waste his money on it. You have a legit medical condition, the court isn't going to give him any leeway on this. Plus he is the one who moved.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:51 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I don't know if you would be responsible for half of transportation costs- gas, vehicle upkeep. So even if you can't drive, you could still contribute. I'm just guessing- no idea at all.

Answer by Bmat at 10:56 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Responsible doesn't mean you have to drive.
    For instance if he was overseas you wouldn't have to fly the plane
    Responsible means you may have to pay for half of the the fuel

Now, I am going to go and check how many times you have posted this today. Back in a few with the links.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:58 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Feral and Bmat-the judge issued that he is responsible for all transportation and costs.
    AAP1988

Comment by AAP1988 (original poster) at 11:08 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• The judge issued it, but that doesn't mean it can't be changed. If your ex can prove that it's a hardship on him, the judge may change the order to have you be responsible for a portion of it.

But as others have said, being responsible for it doesn't necessarily mean that you have to drive. It could just be that you'll be responsible for a portion of the gas, maybe some of the vehicle upkeep.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:19 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You know, you'd be a lot happier if you just owned up to the fact that you do not want your child to have any type of relationship with his father.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:30 AM on Aug. 1, 2013

• What's the medical condition?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• PartyGalAnne-I have had many leg operations where my doctor has said I cannot drive.
    AAP1988

Comment by AAP1988 (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2013