How do I deal with my sexually active teen daughter?

My daughter is sixteen and is driving me crazy. My husband and I have had tons of talks with her about her self value, and staying pure but she has become really promiscuous in the last few months. She has met an older guy, and they have become sexually active. Even though I have begged her not to, she won't listen to me. I have no idea what i can do? Help?

allison.brooke

Asked by allison.brooke at 12:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Obviously, if they are going to do it- they WILL find a way. Educate her, talk to her and above all- get her on reliable birth control. You cannot stop her from having sex, but you can help her be smart about it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:12 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• *also if she is 16 -I doubt there is much you can do about the boyfriend and the age thing...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:13 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• It just makes me sick to think about .. I know I can't stop her from growing up, but I feel like she did it partially to spite me. I know all I can do is educate and provide birth control but I also don't want her to feel as if im condoning this behavior.
    allison.brooke

Comment by allison.brooke (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Wait. The "older guy" is 17? Okay, so I guess he's older, technically, but that changes the entire dynamic of your question.

And pressing charges is silly.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:34 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• She did it to spite you?
    You really think she thought, " hmm you know whatll piss my mom off? Me fucking!"
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• BIRTH CONTROL.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• She met him when she was fifteen, and he was already seventeen. She just turned sixteen in July. And, yes she could have. I remember thinking like that at times when I was a teen.
    allison.brooke

Comment by allison.brooke (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

********

Let her know you don't LIKE that she is doing it and you wish she would wait, but you ultimately want her to be smart and SAFE about it. You may not be happy about it- but the LAST thing you want is for her to end up pregnant or with a disease or something.
    It doesn't matter if she did it to spite you (which I doubt) or not
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I would threat the guy.
    IHasCupquake

Answer by IHasCupquake at 8:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Ummm ... lock her in a very tall tower, and cut her hair.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2013