How do I deal with my sexually active teen daughter?

My daughter is sixteen and is driving me crazy. My husband and I have had tons of talks with her about her self value, and staying pure but she has become really promiscuous in the last few months. She has met an older guy, and they have become sexually active. Even though I have begged her not to, she won't listen to me. I have no idea what i can do? Help?

allison.brooke

Asked by allison.brooke at 12:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I was a teen once and I have a 16 yr old now. If they want to have sex they will find a time and a place, your job is to keep the lines of communication open, educate her and make sure they are being protected. None of us want our teens to have sex but if and when they do we have to guide them and accept their decision.
    GarysWife1991

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 5:10 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Sounds like someone is not being a good influence on her while she's gone or no parent control. Keep her home til she finds better friends.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2013

• Just to update, I took her to the doctor and she is now on the pill. We invited her boyfriend over for a dinner so we could get to know him better, she threw a fit about it at first because she said we were just going to hate him more. They are still seeing each other but, I told her I would not allow her to go in his car with him, if they wanted to hang out it would be when either myself or her father are home and she will stay in the living room.
    I don't know what else i could do, hopefully it won't continue.
    allison.brooke

Comment by allison.brooke (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Aug. 10, 2013