How do I deal with my sexually active teen daughter?

My daughter is sixteen and is driving me crazy. My husband and I have had tons of talks with her about her self value, and staying pure but she has become really promiscuous in the last few months. She has met an older guy, and they have become sexually active. Even though I have begged her not to, she won't listen to me. I have no idea what i can do? Help?

allison.brooke

Asked by allison.brooke at 12:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• How is she hooking up with this "older guy"? Are you not controlling her movement?

Also, having sex doesn't make someone impure.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:30 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Ummm ... lock her in a very tall tower, and cut her hair.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:32 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Staying pure??? pure is not in the vocabulary of a hormonal teen dear.....all you can do is restrain her from outings as much as possible, or allow her to have them under your supervision, but really at 16, hormones ranging, she will do what she wants regardless..I suggest you put her on birth control now!

Answer by older at 12:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Birth control.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 12:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• How old is the guy? Tell him you are going to call the Police on him for having sex with a minor. Forget that ridiculous "staying pure" talk. Too late for that. Get her on birth control & get her into a extracurricular activity or a volunteer position.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:32 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

•  Maybe invest in one of these?

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• How does she have opportunity to be sexually involved at 16? You are her parent, and you should be taking her to school and taking her to the dentist and supervising the time she spends with kids her own age. I promise you that the only way my 16-year old daughter would have been having sex would have been inside her locker at school, and back in her day, those suckers weren't big enough for one person, let alone two. And, our daughter was never rebellious. She actually appreciated that her dad and I cared enough about her to take her places and/or go with her. And...she did not marry until she was 31 at which time she was still a virgin!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Exactly for the reason you can't keep tabs on her 24/7 you need to get her on birth control, and monitor her outings as much as you can...and I also agree about educating her on diseases....

Answer by older at 12:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• She did it to spite you?
    You really think she thought, " hmm you know whatll piss my mom off? Me fucking!"
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• It just makes me sick to think about .. I know I can't stop her from growing up, but I feel like she did it partially to spite me. I know all I can do is educate and provide birth control but I also don't want her to feel as if im condoning this behavior.
    ********

Let her know you don't LIKE that she is doing it and you wish she would wait, but you ultimately want her to be smart and SAFE about it. You may not be happy about it- but the LAST thing you want is for her to end up pregnant or with a disease or something.
    It doesn't matter if she did it to spite you (which I doubt) or not
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2013