How to tell if neighbors are dealing?

I know I've complained about these neighbors before. They moved into the apartment across the hall from me a few months back. They're brothers. One has since been kicked out and trespassed, and the other one that's still here has been told that if the trespassed one comes back HE'S getting evicted.

At least twice a week I let the office know that the remaining brother has been smoking marijuana again. Unfortunately, I live in one of the two states that has legalized marijuana. Well, now I'm wondering if Mr. Jerk over there is selling/dealing drugs.

When they first moved in he drove a barely working POS car. Now he's driving a shiny new car that makes me wonder how he could afford it. Added to that, there is traffic coming and going at odd hours. Yesterday there there three big guys that came stomping up the stairs, pounded on his door and squeezed in when the door opened just barely enough for them to get in.

Does that sound like a dealer?

Found out last night that it's a moot point anyway. Hubby went to talk to the manager about the car, and what I'd seen yesterday and she said that he'll be out by the end of August.

No idea where to put this one either.....

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 1:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Relationships

• Sounds likely.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Call your local P.D. & tell them what you see. Have them take a look.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• a lot of visitors and just plain traffic is a clue. I do not have that issue area is near a lot of law enforcement .
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You need a to get a life and stop being so judgmental towards others. It's not healthy to obsess over neighbors like that. From the sounds of it your neighbor is single and he has friends, you should try to get some to instead of jumping to conclusions.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• The car is not a point with me as I will drive a car until it will not go any more. I get attatched no matter how ugly and then I get a new one.
    The traffic is the bigger point. The number of people (different) and the length of stay (short are indicators.
    You can call the police and they will sett up surveilence
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:58 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• If he is keeping his life inside the apartment and it is not a threat to others, than I would not bother him. If he is doing something wrong, it will catch him eventually.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You can call the police and they will sett up surveilence

LOL!! Yeah if only they would. The people across the street have been dealing for years ad the police don't do a damn thing about it. It's like they have an inside connection. You can try, but if they are out by the end of August anyway there's no point. As long as it doesn't spill onto your side.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:54 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• For the most part, it doesn't spill to my apartment. It just smells like dead animals/skunks in the common hallway at least twice a week. At this point I'm just counting down the days until he's gone.

The traffic I don't mind, but when said traffic comes stomping up the stairs, scaring my cats, then pounds on the door 20 feet from me for 5 minutes......that's hard to ignore.

30 more days and (hopefully) all will be well and the new neighbors will be better/nicer.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• you nosey u all in their business get a life..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I do not think you are being nosey. You are looking out for your neighborhood. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone would? Wouldn't there be less crime if people were trying to keep the filth out of their neighborhoods?

If the only time you report crime is when it actually hurts you, then I say you are asking for it to visit your door.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:42 PM on Aug. 8, 2013