Bug spray or sun screen????

which do you use the most??? which is more effective?? do you use both at the same time??

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Sunscreen.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I'll never tell.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• sunscreen in the day time
    bug spray at night
    both in the day time if i'm near water or alot of vegetation

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• It depends on where I am. Since I am in a natural park fior the most part I use both at the same time. They protect from different things so it is not an either or.
    I o not want to have a sunburn nor do I want to be a buffet for ticks
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:52 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Sunscreen. I never use bug spray. We don't really have any bugs here like mosquitoes.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Sunscreen, but they have found EEE and West Nile here in the last few weeks so it's going to be about even soon!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Sunscreen. I'm a fanatic about using sunscreen because I don't want sun damage that will cause wrinkles or sunspots on my skin (I even wear it indoors on my face and neck because you can get sun damage though glass).
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 3:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Sunscreen at the pool in the daytime, bug spray only if I'm out at night by a lake or somewhere that has a lot of mosquitoes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• According to WebMd, products that contain a combination of sunscreen and the insect repellent DEET may save time, but they may also increase certain risks. The study showed that combining sunscreen with DEET caused the skin to absorb the insect repellent more than three times faster than when used alone. Standard 20% DEET took 30 minutes to be penetrate the skin, the DEET plus sunscreen was detectible in the skin in as little at 5 minutes, even though it contained half as much DEET as the standard solution.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/news/20040916/bug-spray-sunscreen-may-not-be-good-mix

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 2, 2013