How do I get my business off the ground?

Two months ago, I launched my website. In this time frame I have been able to attract over 1,100 people to my website. I have had a few inquiries yet no sales. I know things like this take time and I am not getting discouraged. I believe once the school year starts here, things will become a little easier. It is geared more towards, churches, schools, youth organizations, etc. 

But, how do I get a sale? I have posted online, flyers, business cards, etc. I also would like to partner with other organizations but right now I do not have the funds to do that.
What are your tips on making your business a success? What types of things do you do?

thank you charlotsomtimes:: The products I offer are for fundraisers. Things like, flip flops, lollipops, popcorn, cotton candy, scratch and help cards, movie tickets, etc 

lauravmendez

Asked by lauravmendez at 2:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• their events.

Start pounding the pavement. Churches and schools should all know your name. Check with the district to see if there are any requirements for vendors and make sure you meet them.

The stuff you offer would also work as radio station giveaways. If there are any radio stations in the area, then make appointments with their promotions directors. Same with TV stations. Those are the folks who buy what you're selling. I was a promotions director, and I bought from the vendors with whom I had a relationship.

That's the number one thing in selling. You build a business relationship. People buy from those they like and trust.

Are there any festivals coming up? FInd the organizers. Show them what you have.

Your business will not go anywhere unless you start going places.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• Agree, Dard.
    Success will not come via internet alone!
    I can do $10,000 a month in face to face sales, but only $100 online. The difference is the personal connection.
    Get off the couch, go meet people, form relationships, network, connect.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:47 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• what do you sell?
    *help us to get an idea of what might help
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:40 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I do not have a business. But my Dad who was a salesman for Red Ball many years ago before the MS took him, said that sales are all in the salesman.

Basically you are either a salesman or you are not. Some products sell themselves BUT where they will be bought is all up to the person handling the customers.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:43 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• PGA do you agree?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Trade shows , does cost , letting people know face to face also is the price high offer options..
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 5, 2013