• In the Spotlight:

Do you hate your IUD?

I hate mine!!!! I feel like I'm never off my period. Does anyone else have this? I am crampy all the time. I can't have sex. It has been five months now and I do not seem to be adjusting to it. I started looking online about taking it out. I had medical insurance when it was put in but started a new job and do not have it now so I cannot go to get it taken out. I am tempted to pull the strings myself to take it out. How did others get theirs to "fall out?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• Sorry you are having such a problem. I've had two and I do remember cramping more when I got the 2nd one put in. But not for 5 months! They do not "fall out" ever. Unless your cervix suddenly dilates for no reason. But getting it removed is NOTHING like getting it put in. There is no "procedure". The doctor just pulls it out with one quick little yank, takes literally a second. Just make a regular appointment for a check and tell your doctor you'd like it removed. Just to be sure, ask the doctor's office about the insurance coverage anyway. But I don't think you have to worry.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 5:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I don't think you have to worry about it at all. They may just take it out because it's not helpin gyou out. they may not charge you. Anyway, I have had two and loved them both. I especially love my mirena.....sorry it doesn't work for you.. I haven't had any problems at all.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 5:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I had mine for over a year, i cramped all the time and couldn't ever have sex because it hurt so bad. I went to the doctor to have him just as they say " pull the strings" to remove it. HE COULDNT LOCATE IT!!!!!! I had to have ultrasounds, and surgery to remove it. Apparently it had migrated up and wasnt where they say it stays. The doctor told me that is why I was having so many problems. If I were you, I would go to the doctor to have it checked... I understand no insurance. But believe me.... IT IS SOOOO MUCH BETTER WHEN IT IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK
    TGGsMOM1

Answer by TGGsMOM1 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• PRETTY SCART STUFF. i have had my mirena for i think 4 years this summer and i cannot feel my strings. I am really nervous after reading this post before mine. I actually had my annual exam in october and i dont think they even asked me about it or checked for it. what did the surgery entail. Did you have a big incision? How did they do it?
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 5:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• OP here-I can feel my strings. That's why I'm saying I am tempted to pull the damn thing out myself
    Anonymous

• i had a merina done and i loved it at first. i even stopped having my period all togehter for over a year. but when me and my husband first started having sex (he is not circumsized) one of the strings came down or he went up and it cut him. yes it cut him on his pee-pee! we couldnt do it for a month and i had it taken out right away! took us like 6 months to become fertil again. im thinking of going on the patch.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 9:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009