Will he ever learn?

I have to scream and holler at my husband every morning/afternoon to wake him up. He won't wake up with just an alarm. If I'm nice and calm trying to wake him up he just goes eight back to sleep. I literally have to scream at him and stay on him until he gets up or he goes back to sleep. He told me today "it just makes me want to any there even longer when you scream at me!" That pretty much tells me that he knows to get up, right? Its ridiculous and its driving me crazy! But what is it gonna take to get him up? I told him I'm just gonna be calm today and not scream at him. He laid there and got up when he's suppose to be leaving! And said, "You were really gonna let me be late for work?" I told him yea BC I'm sick of it and that's what happens when I don't scream at him and stay on him about getting up.

And what is his problem??

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Relationships

• he's a grown man, let him get up himself and he will have to deal with the consequences...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• STOP WAKING HIM.
    He'll learn.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I would let him oversleep! He is not my child and is big enough to get himself out of bed!
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 3:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You babied him by getting him up and so he pushed it even farther. Stop doing it. If it were me I would get a louder alarm clock and reset the clock for fifteen minutes earlier that h needs to get up and if he is late it is his responsibility to get up, not yours.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Stop waking him up. He needs to be responsible for himself. It's not up to YOU to make sure he gets to work on time, it's up to HIM.

Tell him you're out of the equation on his wakeups. The ONLY way he will learn is for you to stay out of it.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I'm not sure I think it's childess my ex husband did that too me too. He admitted to me before in our better days that he did it just to piss me off. He alawys thought it was funny and never stopped that behavior. I would let his ass be late, why should he get a wake up call when he's being an ass!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:05 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I would not get up if someone was yelling and screaming at me. Leave him alone and eventually he will have to get up.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I'm sorry, but his problem is that you're being his mama. Stop. If he oversleeps and gets late to work, it's on him. Make him set an alarm and get out of bed like a grown-up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:57 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Get him a horribly obnoxious alarm clock.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 5:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Stop yelling at him and bring an ice cube in there and put it on his forhead.

Answer by louise2 at 5:46 PM on Aug. 1, 2013