All inclusive or not?

We are taking the kids to Mexico to a timeshare we have been at many times before, they now offer the option of all inclusive that includes a kid's club that they can hang out at during the day. The cost will be $225 extra per day, but includes one of our favorite places to eat. Now we wanted to take some excursions, and things, my son is now old enough to go snorkleing with us. It isn't an option to pick say 4 days, and it would be nice for the DH and I to have some adult time.
So don't go on the adventures, and just hang at the resort, or do what we have always done, and make breakfast, and lunch at the condo and go out for dinner? Of course the all inclusive would be a wonderful break for me, but spending the extra $400 to do the day trip to Cozumel, and Xcart, would have us gone for 2 plus days from the all inclusive.

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Travel

• Me, personally, I would do the condo and make the breakfast and lunch.
    Frankly we stay at a hotel where they do the breakfast and I just make sandwiches. I have to have the fridge anyway.
    I am more of a vacation is for family kind of girl, but not everyone is. I would rather have the bucks to play and see everything we want to see. The hotel is just to sleep in anyway.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:02 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• All inclusive.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• All-inclusive is only a good deal if you would be doing all the stuff that's included anyway. My boyfriend and I bought a meal plan when we took our weekend getaway at the hotel, and in theory, it was a good deal. But the thing was, if we hadn't bought the meal plan, we would have just eaten quick breakfasts and lunches in the room and probably saved money. So in the long run, it might not have been our best option to pay for meals we didn't really want just to get a good price on the whole package.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:38 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Have lots of fun!
    Dardenella

• Can you do a Camp thing at the Hotel for a few days for the kids without paying the all inclusive price? That's what I'd do I think.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:39 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I would want to do all the fun stuff personally.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 5:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• For me vacation is family time so we do stuff together as a family.

Answer by missanc at 9:27 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• We most of the time go to Sam's club and stock up on breakfast lunch stuff, but am kind of digging the kids club aspect of it, DH and I need to get our groove monkey going again, kwim? DS is now a good enough swimmer he was really looking forward to the snorkle trip.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Dardenella you are right, but just thought it would be fun for them to get to hang out with kids of their own age and stuff, but aside from what we already spent, we could do a bunch of stuff with that amount of money, DD will just have to watch DS one evening so husband and I can go out to an adult dinner.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2013