No friends, zero, none is it normal?

well i am 21 yrs old single mom at this point of 4 beautiful childrens, two boys and two girls...
but im not the friendly person on earth, cause i am a lil bit shy... and because of my background is hard for me to trust on people.

Most people dont know me but judge me. since i got divorced from the first marriage my parents and family dont have any contact with me and dont want to..

so i dont have any friends, and i dont know if i am shutting down myself or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• 52 years old here and do not have friends. I have tried having lady friends. It never worked out. Something always came up that I didn't like about them.

Answer by louise2 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You're more than welcome to hang out with us social awkward people here on Cafemom!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:18 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• LOL. i think my biggest problem comes from childhood.. i didnt dressed like the other kids and because of my religion i was left out and my parents didnt allowed me to go to anybody house and they didnt came to mine either! so guess i am awkward!! :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Hard to make friends with an ANON.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Find some kind of hobby you enjoy and find a local group and get involved. You will eventually make friends.

You are going to have to work to move past your childhood, don't let it or your past relationships control or dictate your life.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• It's hard not to have friends. Plus, it might be difficult for you to relate to women your own age, since most of them don't have four children and some of them have had easier lives.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:59 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I THINK YOURE100% RIGHT ! I CANT RELATE TO ANYONE OF MY AGE, because they don´t have the same responsability as me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Your friends don't have to be your age, which is why I suggest trying to find something you are interested in and then doing things related to that. Or set up playdates for your children so you can meet other mothers and find friends that way. They may be older then you but there is no rule that you have to have friends your own age. Many of my friends are much older then I am.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• tntmom1027
    i guess you are right!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I don't see how you would have time for them anyway, lol. I can imagine that at your age you most likely wouldn't have anything in common with your average 21 year old.
    I have a play group from back in the day that I found here on Cafe Mom, still have some friends from it, you should look into Moms in your area, and see what pops up.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:19 PM on Aug. 1, 2013