Resignation

I told my employer a few months back that I was going back to school,well my loan came back unapproved because my husband has a tax lien. I didn't sign a resignation form,I sent them one via email. I've tried to get this guy to call me and he just said he would talk to me after my vacation.
I've worked for this company for 15 months and had a couple sick days and a couple other days all in all I've busted my tail for these guys.
I told him I understand that my position has been filled,but in the meantime I also know that the company is short staffed everywhere that they are employed at. I know there is a job for me. The manager of the company and a few others are ready to walk off the job because of the low pay with extremely hard work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• Have you tried reapplying for a position? I believe that once you resign you would have to start over with regard to employment
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:11 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• no,I just know that they need more people in the various buildings they clean
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I think you should just go through normal channels and reapply
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:22 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• I agree. Fill out a newapplication, but note on it that you have experience working for the company. If you got along well with one of the managers, include his or her name.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:21 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You may know that but you resigned.
    You may need to reapply. Just because you worked there before does not mean that they automatically give you the job without reapplying for it. All companies have rules and regulations that apply to everyone. If they don't then they can be in trouble with the law.
    Some companies will not rehire anyone who has put in a resignation. It is simply their policy.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Our company isn't one that will re-hire once you've put in your resignation, no matter how you went about it. Even being short-staffed because of the whole thought of "so you thought the grass would be greener over there?" policy. It does happen, but it's so rarely and far between. Mostly, the believe if you leave them once, you'll do it again. It shows them that you have no loyalty.

That being said, there's nothing stopping you from re-applying. Perhaps your company doesn't have that unwritten policy. If they truly need you and you have a good work ethic, there's no reason they wouldn't at least consider you. It can't hurt to try.
    Konflickted5

Answer by Konflickted5 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 5, 2013