Pregnancy

I have 2 sons ages 3 & 4. Everys always asking if we are gonna try for a girl. Ive been thinking about having one last child (not caring if its a boy or girl) for a while. About a year ago I thought I was pregnant only to find out I was just late due to stress. Hubby kept telling me "were fine if your pregnant then it was ment to be". I talked to him about how I'm feeling about wanting to have one more baby because were in a better place financialy and now hes saying that its not a good time. I just dont get how someone can go from saying basically if it happens it happens to making a fuss about it not being the right time. How do I make him see where I'm coming from? Do I just consider it a lost cause,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• You sound like about 100,000 other couples right now. Even us...

But, if and when you do get pregnant, then both of you will be ecstatic with joy!
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 8:49 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Right now you are ok financialy? It take 18 or so years to financially raise a kid. That might be what he is saying.
    When it was an OOPPss I might be pregnant, it was different. But planning is totally different.

Answer by louise2 at 9:23 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• There's never really a perfect time to have a baby. You could always be more financially ready, more secure, more something. Your husband was probably thinking that if you were already pregnant, there was nothing left to discuss. But taking the plunge on purpose is scary. Give him some time to mull over the idea.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:06 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• There's no such thing as a perfect time. That said, how many children did the two of you agree to before marriage? That's what should be driving you.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:04 PM on Aug. 4, 2013