Anyone ever have a threatened miscarriage before?

I am 9 weeks pregnant and was just in the emergency room because I thought I had a miscarriage, but the baby was still there so they diagnosed me with a threatened miscarriage. It was weird I had tissue and over a quart of blood pass. Has this happened to anyone else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i never had that much but i believe some times it happens. They told me mine was old blood and stuff. But the doctor checked me and said i was still sealed so i was good. Today he is 16 months old now. I hope everything is OK!
    YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 5:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Hi i had a threanted mc when i was pregnant with my twins, i belive i also was 9 weeks, i pretty much bled for the whole first trimester, which was pretty scarry but i was diagnosed with subchornionic bleeding, which is a bloodclot, untill all the bloodclot was gone then it stopped, this could be what is happening to you, especially if this is your first pregnancy. Goodluck!! and try to keep off your feet for sometime.
    BigSurprise2

Answer by BigSurprise2 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• at the ER they ALWAYS gice that as a diagnoses always even if you just go in for a little cramping ... so ya i have had it like 6 times this pregnancy because i was afriad i was miscarring again .. my best advice is to get to a dr dr that can tell you why you passed tissue(if that is what it was ) and give you a better diagnoses then just the general one they give at the ER
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I had that happen and the dr told me I may have had twins and lost one. :( But my 'baby' is now 8 years old and very healthy.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 8:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009