Does a crick put get hot enough to cook frozen chicken breasts without liquid?

I'd like to toss some in there and cook them overnight - no liquid added - then sauce then in the morning. Can it be done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Aug. 1, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I'm assuming you mean crock pot. And no, you need to put liquid in a crock pot. Cooking without lid can cause the insert to crack adn then you can't use it anymore.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Crap. That was supposed to be "and". Damn fingers type too fast sometimes.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:56 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Yes, I meant crock, lol. Can it be just a thin layer on the bottom?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You can do it if you add some liquid!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• Was going to say, What is a crick put?
    There is planty of water in frozen chicken. I once put a whole frozen chicken in the crock pot. With no extra water. It cooked just fine.

Answer by louise2 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You don't need a whole lot of water. I tried this once and as the chicken thawed it made it's own liquid. But I did add about 1/2 cup when I started it.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:17 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• You need at least some liquid in the crockpot. But if you don't want to put the chicken in the liquid for some reason, you can pour a small amount of liquid on the bottomand then put the chicken in one of those metal baskets on a trivet so it doesn't touch the water. It's not the usual way, but it might work.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:42 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• LOL I used to live in Hickville where "crick" meant creek. I was wondering why you would want to throw your chicken in the creek!
    No, like the others said, you need liquid. I made a really yummy chicken this past weekend. 6 chicken breasts, a packet of taco seasoning, and a jar of medium salsa. 8 hours on low, and you can shred it up for tacos. Super easy and delicious.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:24 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• you have to have liquid and if it is just a thin amount of liquid it could either evaporate and crack, BUT if the chicken is frozen it will let off some liquid on it's own. I have never heard of anyone doing this, but I wouldn't do it liquid free no.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:25 PM on Aug. 1, 2013

• They don't take long to cook, just fyi, unless you have a full crock.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 10:35 PM on Aug. 1, 2013