The instructor's syllabus was printed incorrectly, should I fight it or let it go?

I would like your opinion...I do not not know if it matters enough for me to bother, and I am prepared to just let it go. I am taking Marketing on-line. In the syllabus the instructor has it listed on page 2 that the test was on chapters 10 & 11. When I went to take the test I realized it was actually on three chapters 10 - 12. The syllabus was incorrect. Way later it is listed correct on PAGE 9. I received a 72% on the test. I have a high B in the class now. I currently have a 4.0 and I believe this mistake will cost me. Is it a big deal? I had no reason to think the syllabus was not accurate.

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Money & Work

• Speak respectfully to the instructor, pointing out the error on the syllabus and saying that you believe the error caused you to neglect studying material that was on the test you didn't do well on. Since you're doing well in the class otherwise, the instructor may listen to you. If not, you'll be no worse off than you are now.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• You have nothing to lose by asking about it and everything to gain. So ask.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:46 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• It would do no harm to point it out to the instructor. At the very least it will give him/her a heads up to change it for future classes.
    When I went to college and the teacher handed out a syllabus we were told to read over the syllabus so that we would have a view of the entire course before we began. In one course the second to the last page had something in bold type. But if you read it you would have remembered it. That was the entirety of the first test. If nothing else it is a valuable lesson.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:46 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My bio instructor is always fucking hers up, I don't mind correcting her, my grade isn't going to suffer b/c she can't pay attention.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2013