How can I save my baking pan?

My stepson made brownies last Sunday afternoon in an eight inch square Teflon baking pan. I should have kept better track of what happened to the brownies, but I got busy and forgot that he had baked them. I found the pan tonight, stashed away with the middle brownies all cut out and gone. All around the edges of the pan is a two or three inch border of rock hard chocolate concrete. Seriously, if I tip the pan over and bang on it, I don't even get crumbs. I've tried chipping away at the fossilized brownies with a spatula, but I'm afraid I'll peel the nonstick coating off the pan if I ever do get them loose. Is there any way to save my pan, or should I just toss it in the trash and chalk it up as an unfortunate kitchen casualty?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:53 AM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Home & Garden

• You could toss it or you could soak it in water and work away at the softened "rock"

My favorite way is to turn the oven on low and pour a mixture of water and salt into the pan and be sure to get the water over the baked on brownie. In about 30 minutes to an hour it should be loosened. You will probably still need to scrub a bit off the side.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:00 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Soak it in water.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:03 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Soak it. Soak it good. Soak it real good!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:28 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• You can pour some water in it and put it back in the oven until it softens.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:56 AM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Add a little dawn to the hot water and let it soak overnight.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:51 AM on Aug. 2, 2013