Any other Deists here?

I am rather new to Deism and would love some suggested reading or websites. T.I.A

.Ruadh.

Asked by .Ruadh. at 11:27 AM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have Deistic tendencies in my personal faith, and I'm extremely interested in the "Enlightened Religion" of our Deist forefathers, but I'm not Deist myself - at least by conscious association. Here's to hoping someone drops by for you, though. I thought for sure we had a Deist in the "group" - not naming names, because I don't want CM powers that be to think I'm calling out, though, haha ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• im a Deist. or at least I have modern Deistic beliefs. i hope you'll stick around here...im pretty sure im the only full defined Deist in Answers so it would be nice to get to know another :D

Age of Reason by Thomas Paine is a great starting read as he was one of the "big wigs" of Deism back in the 1700s. there are also lots of Deism websites and online groups. the Deist Alliance is a good selection tho some are more zealous than I haha (http://www.positivedeism.com/deist-alliance) theres also moderndeism.com that is a little dead but a good information spot. also, http://www.youtube.com/user/devoutDEISM is a newer (to me anyway) video chanel and i dunno how good the stuff on it is.

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Thank you okmanders! I remember you from when I had an account before, and was hoping you were still around.
    .Ruadh.

Comment by .Ruadh. (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• youre welcome! what was your screen name before (if you dont mind me asking)?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:33 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I will pm you. There were some people that really didn't like me much last time around and I would rather them not know I'm back lol. I don't know that you would remember me though.
    .Ruadh.

Comment by .Ruadh. (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2013