Your kids most recent firsts. share a few!

My daughter turned 7 in May and this summer has presented many 1sts based on age and height. Old enough to drive a REAL racecar gokart thing on her own. Every single ride no restrictions at the fair.

Son has been upgraded like crazy in horseback riding, many 1sts. 1st time making real $$$ at a sale with friends, enough to goto the arcade. 1st major family reunion and 1st time visiting an intensive care unit and 1st time at a sold out major concert

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:22 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in General Parenting

• My daughter got to ride most of the big kid rides at the fair, too, although she was still too short for the bumper cars. She went on a field trip to a butterfly museum this summer and actually held a live tarantula!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:43 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My three year old dressed himself for the first time.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My oldest has driven on the city streets for the first time. Very different world of first now.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• He wrote a word (besides his name) without tracing for the first time last week. At least it's the first I've seen him do it! He wrote "train" lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My 7 month old says dada and mama, pulled himself to a standing postion and claps
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My 14 year old is going to shave this weekend for the first time. D: He was just a baby last week!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:55 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• my daughter just got her first apartment about 5-6 weeks ago...

my son is in his first...band and is picking a drum set today (off ebay- about 300 bucks so not pricey *for drums- he has to pick a color)
    also drove for the first time about 2 months ago
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• my 5yr old will be going to his first day of Kindergarten in less than 2 weeks! This summer he went on a few day trips to major league baseball games, he took his first swim lessons, first time he rode his bike without his training wheels, or needing help on/off and stoping.
    My 3 year old was actually able to ride the kiddy rides at our local fair, she got her first pair of roller skates, and she went to her first VBS and didn't have to be with the "little" kids. She also had her first swim lesson and will get to start soccer this fall!!
    I have an 8 month old daughter as well and she is doing a ton of new things! She will walk with a push toy, but prefers to use my other daughters little stool for her toy vanity, she now says mama, dada, bye, what, wow, yea, and oh. she stands all by herself, she is getting her two top teeth in... i could go on and on and on :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 5:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2013