Do you have a cesspool or a sewer?

We have a cesspool. Our neighbor just had his pumped & it cost $1,000. GREAT! Oye! Not looking forward to that!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Just make sure you use Rid X once a month, we haven't had to have ours pumped for a very long time, although getting it pumped is way cheaper than having it overflow, or rust out!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• We have a septic tank... thats not the same as a cesspool.. its costs about 200 to pump...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• We have a septic tank. We use Rid X monthly. My parents use Rid X too and haven't had to have theirs pumped in 30 years!

Answer by missanc at 12:48 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Now i'm interested girls. What does Rid X do? How doesn't it need to be pumped, doesn't it fill up?
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 12:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Rid X contains natural bacteria and enzymes that break down the waste. My husband does it, but he just pours it down the toilet, flushes it and then lets it sit overnight. I think that's all there is to it.

Answer by missanc at 12:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My neighbors have paid around $600 to get their septic pumped so I just googled price - $200 is the very low end for cost.

Answer by missanc at 12:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• We have sewer here in town. A guy I graduated with (who I affectionately call "Shit Pumper Mike") has made himself a VERY successful business out of pumping septic tanks. The back of his trucks are all painted with "It Ain't Roses!" and a flower underneath.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Just a thought - someone who services them isn't necessarily going to encourage you to use a product that renders their services unnecessary. Just keep that in mind when you call.

Answer by missanc at 2:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• sewer
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I thought cesspool and septic were the same thing, Rid X eats the crap up, and makes a balance of the system, allows the water to absorb and not fill up the tank.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2013