What works the best for nausea during pregnancy?

Hello,
My name is Pam and I am about 5-1/2 weeks pregnant and started having the morning sickness about 2 weeks ago.
I eat soda crackers and drink ginger aile; however for some reason, it doesn't help all that much.
Does anyone have any other suggestions??

Thanks, Pam

Pammy14

Asked by Pammy14 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Sucking it up and getting through it like women in the entire nation has been doing since the beginning of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Actually anon it's not something you HAVE to suffer thru if you can find what works for you.

There is no magic cure... what works for one doesn't always work for another. For me I just had to make sure I had food in my stomach - even just a small but constant amount worked. It was usually a carb with or without cheese would help me. Ginger made is worse. It's trial and error!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I was queasy all the time with my first pregnancy. My doctor prescribed me Premesis, a prenatal vitamin that helps with morning sickness. It did help, a little.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:27 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• You have to find what makes "you" in particular feel better.
    I drank Cranapple juice in ice water & ate grapes with my first pregnancy & Lemonade & Oranges with my second.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Mint helps! If you can find peppermint candles (or Scentsy) the scent helps tremendously.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I also found that cool, smooth foods like yogurt or pudding helped me when I couldn't eat anything else. Having a piece of toast would often soothe the queasiness, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Seabands may help. They're advertized for sea sickness, but they also (sometimes) help with morning sickness.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• nothing helped me and I was on prescription meds for it. GL! I hope you find some relief! Mine lasted until about 16 weeks with my daughter and 20 with my son.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Ginger tea works:

yield Makes 4 to 5 cups

Ingredients

8 to 10 slices of unpeeled, fresh ginger
    1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
    Brown sugar, to taste

Directions

Step 1

Add ginger slices, grated ginger, and brown sugar to 4 to 5 cups water and bring to a boil in a saucepan for approximately 20 minutes. Strain and serve immediately.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 3:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• It's really awful and relentless isn't it? Nothing helped me, not even Zofran. But, you can try real ginger in tea, sour candy and keeping something in your stomach. I didn't find acupressure bands to work but some did.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:36 PM on Aug. 2, 2013