Seeing the pounds go down but not my body?

i have been exercising for a while and lost about 6 pounds but then I get dressed up into my regular clothes and I just don't see any difference. how many pounds does a person have to lose to see difference in body fluctuation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• *I will say that measuring even took awhile to do much for me- measuring in the SAME spot is hard and I'd end up with measurements that were either slightly higher or barely down if they were different at all. I usually wait about 2 month between measuring

if you know you are doing the right thing with your eating and work outs and whatnot, then just keep up the good work, you will see a difference -but it takes time.

Also- some people take pics of themselves as they go (wear the same clothing and stand the same way) because it's hard to see changes ourselves
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:46 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• It took me about 30-35 lbs to start noticing changes in my clothes. I was 239 when I started
    I notice faster now- like I'll see changes in 10 or 15 lbs - but so fat I've lost 65.

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Measuring helps if you don't see it. Inches don't lie and then you know where your losing it too.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I didn't start seeing anything until probably 15 pounds into it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:34 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Depends. If you need to "see" it right away- do weekly measurements.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I also wanted to say as I lose fat I gain muscle which ways more so even if you don't lose or even gain its not always a bad thing.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• People see the difference first in your face

Isn't that exasperating? I've lost thirty pounds and still have a tummy, but people have started saying, "You look thinner in the face." The face! Serously?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Ways = weighs lol
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Remember muscles can affect the number.. People see the difference first in your face
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 6:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• It is different for everybody. For me I have to lose at least 15 before I am seeing a difference in my clothes. Keep up the work out and watch the calorie intake if you are trying to lose and the results will happen.. dont give up.
    JNA121212

Answer by JNA121212 at 6:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2013