School uniforms

So this is my first year with school uniforms.. The school gives a guideline of buying two polo shirts and one dress shirt. As these logoed required items are way pricier than this bargain shopper Mom is used to I don't want to go overboard..at the same time I can barely keep up with the laundry now.

Any moms who have uniforms willing to share what the quantity of pants/shirts and so on works for them?

hotelmom123

Asked by hotelmom123 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Last year DD used uniforms. I had her one complete outfit for each day of the week. So 5 total. I did her laundry every Sunday to have her ready for the week. Honestly it was easier laundry wise because I did her entire basket once a week unlike DS, who was not in uniforms, When I did his laundry 'as needed' I ended up giving myself more work. It forced me to keep up with her laundry. ;0) I loath laundry and tend to put it off though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Most of the time they sell the polo shirts at a reduced price through the school, can they wear shorts? You will have to try on pants, the only way I have ever been able to buy them, is when the kid is with me.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:00 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My kids get five shirts and five pants. One set for each school day of the week. They have regular non-uniform clothes for back up in their back pack. ( My kids are pretty rough and tumble at recess. Stuff gets ripped or food spills or paint spills)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2013