Is there anything on your kid's school supply list that has you scratching your head?

Mine apparently needs a 3 ring binder for 4 of his classes
I'm wondering first,how are these all suppose to fit in their lockers,and what's wrong with a 3 or 5 subject notebook instead? The spiral notebooks have the clean tear pages now....

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 6:52 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Well, I'm kind of wondering what my kindergartner is going to do with a box of gallon-sized Ziploc bags and a box of quart-sized Ziploc bags. Maybe I don't want to know.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• 4 tennis balls! I burst out laughing! I went to a Party with my Son for one of his classmates & I asked one of the Mom's "so what's with the tennis balls?" She laughed & said they're for the feet of his chair! Oh, I remember when chairs were allowed to make noise & scratch the floors. I guess the immense school taxes I pay don't cover a floor polisher....I wonder if the School Superintendent can do it since he's making over $200,000 a year. Well that's the least he can do...After all, he has summers off too! (eye Roll)!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Nothing strange this year, but one school they were at several years ago asked for "scissors that cut". As opposed to what, scissors that don't cut? Wth?
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I had to spend $7.99 for shipping today for 2 writing journals that only totaled ($6 for both) because all the stores around here are out of them and, stupid Wal-Mart doesn't have them available for free to store shipping and, Target is all out of them & doesn't sell them online. Grrrr....not happy. :(
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:02 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I'm scratching my head because it is so simple and small this year.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• 12 boxes of 24 count crayons and 20 boxes of 8 count crayons. i know kindergartners are hard on things but come on!

sigh...i know its just to make up for the kids that will bring nothing. but it still looks weird.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:58 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• we're GOLDEN this year, no weird crap, so happy :)

only thing I'm scratching my head on is how good a quality ipad headphones should I buy my oldest (they bring them home and do classwork on them)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• It is probably so that they can add their handout papers to the folder as well.

My son is only going into Kindergarten so nothing to suprising for us.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:07 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I wouldn't buy to expensive of headphone if he is prone to breaking them...I still am, some reason I'm really hard on headphones. I like Ihip headphones you can usually find them around $10 and they are great quality of sound.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Nothing overly strange on my kids list. In fact.. they seem a bit short.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2013