The 2 year old assaulted at Walmart for wearing pink adult content

For those who haven't heard about this yet, the blog it's from originally is so overloaded it's crashed, but HuffPo has posted a copy of it now:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katie-vyktoriah/what-happened-when-my-son-wore-a-pink-headband-to-walmart_b_3696113.html

I can't understand how anyone would watch a grown man walk up to a strange child, manhandle him and yell at him, and not intervene.  I can't imagine even here in the stick up your ass uptight capital of the world, that anyone woudl stand by and watch a grown man call a two year old "faggot".

That said, there's something about this story that bothers me - the photo.  A blogger just happened to take a picture of her son on a random trip to walmart right before a total stranger acosted them and attacked them?   Or did she go back and recreate it for the blog?

And, the police weren't called immediately?  In that situation, it's very likely the drunken asshole would end up with the most injuries of anyone if it were my child, but one way or another, the police would be called.

Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age, but is anyone else suspicious?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Very. I was when I read it earlier.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Yeah, mainly because I would've screamed at & possibly slapped anyone that came near my child.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I have been in a gazillion stores and I've never seen anybody mess with a kid. My kids have worn bunny ears and Halloween costumes in winter and nobody has even so much as glanced at them.

Wouldn't Wal Mart have surveillance video of this?
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• The minute she said she walked to the front of the store, paid for her stuff and left I was suspicious.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

I remember years ago, DS was still little enough to ride in the cart seat, some guy kept popping up and making excuses to talk to me all through the store, and just from that, I asked security to watch when we left. No way in hell would someone actually yell at my child (let alone touch him) and I'd walk out alone with him.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Does seem odd no one said anything. What comes to mind is that this is a good story for a blog and AdSense. Next, if it's true, we are a litigious enough society that maybe bystanders were afraid to say something? Unlikely that not one person told him to fuck off though.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• She either is a much calmer person than I am or just stupid. I would have raised a huge stink at walmart though I do not know if I would automatically call the police as she stated he didn't hit or roughly grab the child, but then again he did "rip the headband" off...hmm. I bet my husband would have torn him to pieces. I would definitely have had my hands on that man as well if I was alone.

We had an incident where my husband was threatened by a man at walmart when he thought my husband got to close to him will parking. We alerted management right away and called the police(because he kept after us instead of walking away). He was arrested, but for warrants and not the disturbance lol(who does that when they know they have warrants AND wait for the cops to show up demanding they are in the right?)
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I live in a fairly intolerant area of the country...especially when it comes to anything "gay". my 2 year old DS wears my DDs headbands ALL THE TME and we've never had anything like this happen. most ppl think its cute. even the old ppl smile and at most ive gotten weird glances and a shaken head. im not saying this didn't happen but if it did its a rare one time thing...

and I would kicked the guy square in the nuts the moment he put his arms around my son.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Skeptical
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:47 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• HP must have the mods out. My comment has been pending for a while. Usually the more bullshit the story, the more the comments are moderated there.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:49 PM on Aug. 2, 2013