Weird pain/pressure at 22 weeks

I'm about 22 weeks pregnant and I keep getting what I'd describe as a "wave" of pressure/tightness across my belly followed by a mild ache and then it eases up. I've had this happen quite a few times throughout the day. I wouldn't say it's super painful but I wouldn't say it's not painful either...it's kind of in the middle.

I know that braxton hicks are normal but didn't think they were painful at all? And I thought it might be the baby moving but if that's the case then she's must have grown considerably to be causing such a great amount of pressure as she was only 12oz at my 20 week ultrasound.

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Call your OB and ask. I could be preterm labor but may be something really simple. I went into preterm labor at 20 weeks but mind felt more like bad period cramps.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:13 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Sometimes BH can be painful. I remember thinking the same way you do and being a little freaked out. To be safe, you should probably call your OB as stated above, just to ease your mind.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Yep call the OB. This is why they have an after hours call line. It could be something or nothing... but it is best to call the doc if for only your own sanity.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Call your obstetrician's emergency number. Better safe than sorry, especially with the weekend upon us.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:32 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Sounds like a contraction to me. My BH were sometimes painful. If they don't stop after rest and drinking some water I would call your OB just in case.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:30 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• UPDATE:

Thanks for the advice ladies. I ended up relaxing, drinking some water and then they started up again and a lot more powerful so I just went into L&D and sure enough, I was dilated to 1cm and in preterm labor. They were able to stop the contractions but I'm on bedrest now. Looks like I'll be only CM a lot more often. :( I'm so thankful they were able to stop it in time though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• be on*
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Well poop. I'm glad you went in and got it taken care of. I hope you're feeling much better soon
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:52 PM on Aug. 3, 2013