What is your typical dream home?

It can be out of a movie or anywhere. It can be something that doesn't even exist.

I love the little stone cottages. Any place with a ton of stonework with a country setting really. Kind of like the Thomas Kinkaid paintings.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 8:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Home & Garden

• A log cabin near a peaceful lake or gentle river in the mountains.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 9:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Victorian with huge wrap around porches. 

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:08 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Agreed with you. But something on a lake.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Cottage with a sunroom
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• no stairs. 100% one level w/ lots of individual places. IE a defined mud room, walk in pantry, laundry room, etc and my lavish special feature .... one of those walk in soaking tubs :) location: slightly country. my husband should still be able to bring fries home hot if need be
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• A 3-4 bedroom/2-2.5 bathroom ranch style home with a fenced in back yard. A large kitchen with a lot of cabinet space. Walk in closets in at least 2 of the rooms. A fireplace with gas logs and a built in book shelf in the living room. It would be located in the school district our old house was in so my son could go back to that school. The only big thing I would want is for it to have 'Paid in Full' on the Deed.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:20 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• One that Is self cleaning. Lol.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• The house, particularly the kitchen & the setting of the home in Practical Magic. Better if it were mortgage free too~!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:18 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• A renovated lighthouse on a cliff looking out over the ocean
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I'd like a home with enough bedrooms for everyone to have his or her own plus a guest room, and a playroom that would allow me to keep the toys out of the social areas of the house and out of the traffic flow. I'd like a workshop for my boyfriend so he could get the bench where he fixes watches out of the dining room. And if we're really going big, I'd like a gardener to do the yardwork.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2013