My First Tornado Scare!

I'm from NV originally, we don't have real weather in NV, it's hot or it's hot but really there aren't too many other natural "disasters" that happen around there. Now I live in WY which it never occurred to me there would be anything but snow and wind to worry about, nope. Little baby funnel clouds like to pop up

What kinds of natural disasters do you have to worry about in your neck of the woods?

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 8:28 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Just for Fun

• we have been having a lot of water spouts in the bay. a friend of mine uploaded this just the other day:

so those and hurricanes.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• tornadoes,flooding,and blizzards
    Wisconsin

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:31 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Tornadoes, flash flooding, straight line winds, and hail. We also get the 'side effects' (if you will) from hurricanes...we live in central Alabama. I've lived in Alabama my whole life, but I've never been near a tornado. We've had more damage to our property due to straight line winds. I've had my fair share of 'ducking' for cover, though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:42 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• tornadoes are the big one, but we also get flash floods, droughts, hail, high winds, blizzards, ice storms, scorching heat, wildfires and thanks to fraking, earthquakes. Oklahoma is one of the worst places to live in terms of weather/natural disasters haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:54 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I live in Oklahoma like okmanders and she hit the nail on the head! Lol it's like everyone else's bad weather collides right over us! We even had a little hurricane type thing back in 2007, instead of dissipating it intensified over Oklahoma. We have really messed up weather.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 9:26 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• if you dont mind me asking..where in wyoming are you
    kymbsmom

Answer by kymbsmom at 8:39 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• i just wish i could have seen it. ive lived in this area for 27 years and have only heard about and seen pics of waterspouts. have never actually seen one with my own eyes.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Tornados, wind, hail, blizzards, flooding/flash flooding, drought, ice. All the fun Midwest stuff.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• NY here. Wicked hurricanes as of late & blizzards.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:35 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Pretty much the same as Wyoming here in Colorado, tornadoes and wildfires in the summer and occasional winter blizzards.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2013