What's for dinner?

Pork chops with mushroom gravy, polenta, and green beans. Ive never made polenta before, but I'm running low on starchy stuff, so I looked it up on the Internet and gave it a try. It smells good. I hope it's well received.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 8:29 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Food & Drink

• a whole lot of 'nothing the kids will eat' with a side of 'wasted food'

i swear idk why i even bother. it was ranch chicken with mashed potatoes and baked beans, and it was edible. they ate 3 bites which is our rule if you don't like it but i wish they would actually clean their plates. i need a man in this house to eat my food!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I've never had polenta. I want to try it though.

I got a steal on lobsters today flown in fresh from Maine. 7 dollars each. So I butter poached them and we had rice pilaf and purple hull peas with it. Yummy.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:40 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• We having homemade cheeseburgers with fries.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Papa Johns
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:44 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Chilis for a late lunch/early supper. Did all of the school shopping today, and I'm beat.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:50 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• We had pizza. This heat is making me eat bad.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:51 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• What is polenta?

I had leftovers. Salmon, couscous, veggies, glass of water and some watermelon.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Leftovers, though I haven't eaten yet and am considering cereal since I have heartburn.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:24 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• I'm sorry they didn't like the polenta ,we like it ...some love ,some like.We are in Texas so grew up on grits so that may help.I mix a lot of parm and some mozz with mine.Bake it so its a bit drier and cover it with grilled bell pepper strips ,grilled onion slices ,garlic ,mozz and garlic chicken sausage and jarred spaghetti sauce and bake again.Even my miss picky eater daughter likes that dish.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:06 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• The polenta was not well received. *Sigh.* My daughter chose to skip dessert rather than eat it, and my boyfriend said that smothered in gravy he guessed it was all right but he wouldn't want to make it a staple of his diet. Looks like I won't be fixing that again. I hate picky eaters.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Aug. 2, 2013