Does your kid(s) always seem to mention your business to a family member??

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Relationships

• When they were young they did. Small children shouldn't be expected to keep quiet....they have no filters. As they aged it was easier to teach them that some things needed to stay within our home
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:06 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• As a teacher I have had kids tell me things I am SURE their parents didn't want me to know.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 9:15 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• "As a teacher I have had kids tell me things I am SURE their parents didn't want me to know."

My oldest daughter's first grade teacher told us "I'll believe only half of what your child tells me about you, if you believe only half of what they tell you about me" LOL
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:19 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My kid is an open book. He tells everything! He told his Preschool Teacher that Mommy & Daddy were mad at each other. She asked why & he said because Daddy farted under the bed covers & it stunk Mommy out of the bed... LOL! That's ONE that she told me. God only knows what else he's said.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:21 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My oldest son told everyone he encountered that I wasn't fat it was just a baby, that's thankfully the extent of the bad stuff, but he does tell the neighbor kids Mom a lot of stuff.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:23 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Oh & he told his Kindergarten Teacher that he only gets cupcakes for breakfast. So one day he came home from school & said the teacher is very upset with you. I said why? He said because all I eat is cupcakes for breakfast & that's not nutritious.He failed to tell her about his multi course breakfast that includes cereal or a yogurt, fruit cup & toast &/or eggs. The MINI cupcake is breakfast dessert! He's a big eater for a skinny kid. So basically she thinks I'm the worst Mom!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:25 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Best way to stop that is to stop giving him mini cupcakes with breakfast.

Answer by louise2 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• We don't talk to family enough that my daughter openly tells them much of anything, but she's always telling strangers that I'm on a diet.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:41 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Yep, if he knows about something, it will come out of his mouth at some point or another. If it is something I don't want my family to know about, he doesn't get to know about it either.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:45 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• My cousin sent her husband (who took daughter) to the drugstore for a few things.
    He forgot what he needed and said to daughter "Do you know what else mommy needs from the drugstore?"
    Daughter announces loudly "Maybe she needs those patches for her hineys!" (PADS!)

Kids. Gotta love 'em.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:04 AM on Aug. 3, 2013