2nd baby...so nervous!

I'm 24 weeks pregnant with my second child! I have a 3 year old spoiled rotten mommy's boy who gets all my attention! I love him so much, and never thought I could love someone as much as him. He's my world. I am so worried that this baby is going to hurt his feelings like he won't feel as loved. I am very excited too BC she's a girl :) so I will have my boy and my girl! And I know I will love her just as much as him. It just kinda hurts my feelings that I'm gonna have to share my love..(make since?)
Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that I'm pregnant again, its what I wanted! But I'm just so scared at what the outcome may be. I don't want to hurt my little boy and don't plan to show any difference in either of them. I just worry about his feelings I guess.
He also seems excited! He raises my shirt up all the time and kisses my belly. He says she's gonna be a pretty girl just like mommy, and wants to buy her things. So maybe I'm just going through an emotional stage Idk. Its really hard to explain how I feel without sounding awful but I said it the best I could :) hope y'all understand!

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in General Parenting

• It will be fine. You won't feel like you are sharing your love- there will just be enough for them both! Just remember to spend some time with each of the sepeartely as well as together and also remember that siblings will be siblings ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:59 PM on Aug. 2, 2013

• Very normal. I thought I was the only one who had those thoughts when I was pregnant with my 2nd, but when I mentioned it to my mom she said most moms have those same thoughts. It will work out fine!

Answer by missanc at 12:27 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• It's hard not to worry about things, especially when you're pregnant. But try to enjoy your pregnancy and the excitement your little boy is showing, and let the rest sort itself out later. Congratulations!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:38 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• So, so normal I was the same way with my now 3 year old. Then I got pregnant with twins. The first couple weeks I nursed my older one throughout the day after he would see me nursing the twins. People thought I was crazy but it made all the difference, he never had jealousy issues and the twins are almost 1 now. Find something special like that you and your son can do once the baby comes. You think you can't love anyone more then you love him but you will. And your son will always be special because he was your first baby and that's ok too.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:34 PM on Aug. 3, 2013