Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe in Edgar Cayce?

Was he really a medical clairvoyant?

I read many books about him years ago and I've recently started reviewing them again.

So, do you know him and if so what do you think?

 
PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 11:38 PM on Aug. 2, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 24 (20,747 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I never formed an opinion on him in particular, but I wouldn't doubt that what he is reported to have said and done in the psychic realm is possible.
    Ballad

    Answer by Ballad at 12:35 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

  • I was looking at the full list of one person's book reviews on Amazon because something in one of her reviews interested me. She gave a very enthusiastic and favorable review of a specific biography of Cayce. I felt like I kinda wanted to find the book and read it, based on her response (it was the book itself that she was incredibly impressed by, not just the subject or info, but the specific treatment of it by this biographer.) She also spoke about Cayce in a way that made me curious about him (I also haven't read or thought about him in many years.) I guess I was in college when I first checked out "Many Mansions." Some people I respected very much seemed totally to buy it so I wasn't automatically skeptical going in, but even with that I didn't really know what to think & didn't "do much" with the info.

    I think I have much more of a "personal context" in which to engage it all now, so it might be interesting to revisit.
    girlwithC

    Answer by girlwithC at 12:40 AM on Aug. 3, 2013


  •  I personally don't even believe in prophesies. Anyone can attach any meaning to them after the fact to make them seem like they came true- they're so vague! You never see: on January 2nd 2014 at 5:03 pm est, at 6079 Main street in Deaborn Michigan USA, Sue Jones with get up from her tan, microfiber couch in her blue and cream living room and take 15 steps to the door to let her black labradoodle named Noodles into the house and at that exact second, a 1968 red Mustang with a broken head light will plow into her home and decapitate her, sending her head landing into Noddles' dog food dish.

    IhartU

    Answer by IhartU at 9:11 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

  • Wouldn't doubt it.
    LadyAmaranth

    Answer by LadyAmaranth at 6:31 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

  • Many Mansions is an excellent book.
    PandaGwen

    Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

  • Wth? Do you even know anything about him?
    PandaGwen

    Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 9:58 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

  • Are you talking to me? I've been reading and researching the paranormal- including so called 'mystics' who can see the future, since I was like 10. I stand firm in my belief that there is no such thing as foreseeing the future.


    This pretty much sums Cayce up: Out of the thousands upon thousands of his prophecies, only 40% can be considered remotely correct, and even that percentage is open to debate. The other 60% were either too vague to interpret, multiple-intent, or just plain wrong.

    IhartU

    Answer by IhartU at 11:21 AM on Aug. 4, 2013