Wardrobe help

I recently started a new job and I am in a serious need of wardrobe help. It's a little different than my old job but the big difference is the amount I walk and the dress code. It's an office setting and we can't wear sandals of any kind or open-toed shoes. I walk about a block 4 times in the day so wearing heels has been difficult on my feet. The dress code is very professional. I can wear dresses and skirts but nothing too tight or revealing as well as not too casual. My old office setting was very relaxed and we got to wear sandals. I need to pick up some key pieces this weekend.
Anyone have any suggestions on wardrobe choices? Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Aug. 3, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• My wardrobe is very much built on black. Key pieces: Black pants, A-line skirt, full skirt. Those are NEVER wrong in any setting. I also have some gray pants and pinstripe black pants. I have a couple of print skirts as well, but everything works with black.

I have a couple pair of black loafers, which I pretty much live in. One pair 2.5 inch heels (I almost never wear these), 1 pair w/stacked 1.5 inch heels (i wear these more), one pair of boots (black again).

The base pieces are a few years old now, but they're timeless so I never worry about them being out of style.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:49 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• try wedges
    they keep your weight off of the balls of your feet
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:03 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I live in a large commuter city and I walk a LOT. What I do is switch shoes, flats for when I have to walk and then take lower heels or wedges for when I get to where I'm going. Everything fits nicely in my purse which is medium sized.

I also base my entire wardrobe on black. I add color with tops and earrings (although I'm not a huge "color" person). I do suggest you keep a small lint roller in your purse because, as you know, the downside to black is that it shows stuff that you may pick up from walking/sitting.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:46 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• You should go & look for comfortable dressy shoes. Brands like Rockport, Naturalizer, Clarks, Hushpuppies etc. They are stylish & comfortable to wear. They come in all styles including heels.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• kitten heels or ballet flats
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Merrell also has some great, comfortable flat, dressy shoes.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 9:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I would get a white silk button down blouse. Can be worn with anything. I would also choose 2 neutral colors and mix/match and make different outfits by adding colorful shirts,scarf,..... have fun and congrats on new job
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 4:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2013