Can i get some advice if there is any to give?

I am filing for divorce after almost 10 yrs because my husband has been unfaithful....even after we had decided to work it out he was with this girl less than two weeks ago...I haven't worked in 5 years because I've stayed home with our girls...almost 5 and 17 months....just wondering should I let a lawyer handle it...is it better to arrange some things outside of a lawyer...Im just so confused.....

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 1:11 AM on Aug. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• Yes, you get a lawyer. Don't navigate this on your own.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I'm sorry!

Definitely get a lawyer!!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Get an attorney. Divorce can be a every complicated and drawn out traumatic event and you need someone advocating for you.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:15 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• You can get a lawyer and actually have the judge order you unfaithful scum pick up the cost in the divorce. Trust me you wanna take that motherfer for all he has.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:30 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Your*
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 1:31 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Many lawyers offer free consultations. Take advantage of that, but most likely you'llneed to enter into a financial arrangement with one.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:42 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Get a lawyer
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:58 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Get a lawyer.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:16 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Go talk to a lawyer.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Sometimes it can be handled without a lawyer (mine was), but given that you've been out of work for so long, you'll probably want to get alimony until you can get back on your feet financially, so I think you'd be better off with a lawyer so you can get the most out of that.

Sorry he's done this to you, and good luck!
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:00 AM on Aug. 3, 2013