Does this take the prize for worse sleep walking? adult content

I don't know if I'm more grossed out, pissed off, embarrassed or just bewildered. And I certainly don't know what to do.

I was just awakened from a dead sleep by the sound of my SO peeing all over my overnight bag. I wore a dress last night and when I changed to my teddy, I just threw it on top of my bag. My dress is soaked in urine. When I heard the noise, I looked over and saw what he was doing and asked him why he was peeing all over my stuff. He stopped, then walked into the bathroom, finished, and went back to bed.

I'm at a loss of what to do here. Has this happened to anyone else?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 2:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• Is he drinking? Are you sleeping in a strange place?
    My ex (when he lived at home) took a right (into his parents bedroom) instead of a left (to the bathroom) and peed ON HIS SLEEPING FATHER while he was sleepwalking!

The other good one I've heard of: After prom my one friend (who was drunk) sat on the top step and peed, and it dribbled down the whole flight of stairs!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• This has never happened to me, thankfully!

Does he have a habit of sleep walking, or is he on Ambien (Zolpidem)?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:50 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Keep an eye on him. The only other thing is could he be sleep deprived?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 2:59 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Wow, eeeww! Ask him in the morning and see if he remembers any of it or if he has walked in his sleep before. I knew someone who strolled out her front door and partway down her driveway in her sleep before her mom caught up with her, but as far as I know she never urinated on anything.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:57 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• He has never slept walked before, to my knowledge. He isn't on Ambien but he is quitting smoking (hasn't had a cigarette in 3 weeks). He is taking the lozenges but sleep walking isn't a listed side effect.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 2:53 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I used to sleep walk when I was a child and into my teen years. To my knowledge, I don't anymore but there are times I have bruises on my legs and feet that I don't know where they came from. But I have never urinated on anything. I think the worse was when I was at camp and I slept walk to the cabin of a boy I had a huge crush on. Luckily he was at a different cabin that night.

I just can't sleep in there right now. I'm going to sleep on the couch. I will ask him in the morning what that was all about.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 4:02 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• My DH has done that. I woke up several times to him pissing in the corner. I think it was stress. He did it whne we had our DD and her kids living with us. He has never doen it before. We have been married 24 years.

Answer by louise2 at 7:07 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Ugh! Thank God I have not had to experience that one! Hopefully you won't have to deal with that again either. The closest I came to anything even remotely like that, was when my middle son was about 3-4 y/o & he pooped under our kitchen table! He was awake tho! It was one of those Clorox Bleach moments (like the commercials they have on now) lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Trust me here, even as anon ( lol), he is stressed out to the max. I do it when I'm stressed. Do not make a big deal about it. In fact I wouldn't mention it. It's horribly embarrassing and out of his control. Making a big deal over it will only stress him out more and cause him to do it nightly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I asked him about it and at 1st he said that I was making it up. Then I told him exactly what happened and he took my wet clothes and washed them. He has apologized for it and we have been laughing together about it all day. That's what makes us work so well. When something happens, we talk about it, take the necessary steps to fix it, and move on.

I know he is stressed out, we were both drinking, he is quitting smoking, and he was sleep deprived. But we had a really good talk today so I'm hoping that will settle the stress down a bit.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Aug. 3, 2013