do u ever feel like a dum a... when u go to a doctor

last night my daughter called me at 1130 pm and said she needed me to come over cause she did not feel well and her son was still up. i was in bed so i was getting dressed to go to her house to help cause she is 4 months preg when the phone rang again and she said she had passed out for a few minutes after she called the last time. when i got there i took her to the hospital cause she still felt like she was going to pass out. the doctor jusst kind of laughed at her and said that it was just cause she was preg and to drink more water. her regular doctor told her if she felt like this at all she should let him know or go to the hospital. if it was not such a big deal for her to be fainting when preg then why do they make u feel like ur so dumb

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• I've never encountered a doctor like this. But if I did I would report him to the hospital heads. Sure they may not do anything but they would all know to respect me next time. It's a bad reflexion on that hospital.

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Same happened to me at 20 weeks with my last son. I passed out after hours and the on-call at the hospital told me point blank "pregnant women pass out" so I went in to my regular doctor the next day just be sure everything was still fine. Of course it was....and he was much more polite about it but never the less he seemed to think I was over-reacting! And this after they STRESS to call them if you pass out!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 5:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Not a really great bedside manner!!!! The doctor's attitude was really inappropriate. You did the right thing. Passing out at any time is not normal. I'm glad you are there to help your daughter.
    chocolateroses

Answer by chocolateroses at 5:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Now bear in mind that i am a jaded patient!
    Drs, for the most part are not the nicest people in the world. I have a neuro/muscular disease that was undiaged for a long period of time. I saw about 30 dr. Of those 30 about 3 were human!
    Drs eventually see black and white, no gray aloud! Because the see soo many people with sooo many problems their defence mechinisms (sp) turn on and boom! now you have a dr who laughs in your face when you are concerned about yourself and your unborn baby!
    If it isnt written down and confirmed in a book then it isnt the truth.
    I lways come up with a witty comment to say back when something like this happens.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 6:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2009