What's for dinner tonight?

We ate dinner early today. Grilled rib eye steaks, carmelized onions, mushrooms, green beans and southern slaw.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 5:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Boyfriend ordered Pizza Hut because a gusting wind has come up, and there's buttloads of dust blowing around, so it wouldn't be good for my asthma if I went out right now. I would have cooked breakfast for dinner, but he's buying the pizza, so okay.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I swear I'm moving in with you.

As for my dinner, probably not much as I had a loaded baked potato for lunch :)
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:26 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• meatless spaghetti, but not til much, much later. those cheesecake brownies have had me full to the ungodliest degree for hours.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Pizza, salad and apple sauce.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Sloppy joe french bread pizzas.

My younger two didn't take to the sloppy joes last night. I am hoping I can disguise it enough tonight that they will eat it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Chicken simmered in mushrooms, parsley, chicken broth with mashed potatoes on the side.

Pretty light.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:30 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• My boyfriend has to visit a friend who is going to help him make a Web site for his watch repair shop, so we're visiting my favorite 1950's diner which is on the way. I found a Groupon for $10 off, and the diner makes kick ass deep fried mushrooms
    .
    As far as disguising foods, the polenta I made last night was not at all well received. My daughter opted to skip dessert instead of eating it, and my boyfriend said that smothered in gravy it was okay but he wouldn't want to make it a staple of his diet. I thought it tasted good myself. I won't throw it away, so I put it in the fridge to firm up. Tomorrow night, I'm going to slice it and fry the slices with some eggs. Maybe they'll eat it ttat way, dripping with maple syrup, because I don't waste food in this house.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:36 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Sloppy joe french bread pizzas.

We have made sloppy joe pasta before. lol. Sloppy joe mix, green peppers and diced tomato severed over elbow noodles.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:49 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I'm thinking pizza, but DH is in a mood and isn't answering me.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 5:54 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• We're BBQing Tenderloins and salad. I made a choc-chocolate chip zucchini cake for desert.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2013