So what's for dinner??

I love this restaurant about 20 miles from my house. They have the best Baja grilled shrimp taco's, however they are very pricey. Since I wanted them so bad, I decided to make them myself. I found 3 different recipes and pulled from each to make what I think is the closest to this places taco's..I hope they come out great..

So now for the question....What have you tried to make or duplicate lately ??

midnightmoma

Asked by midnightmoma at 6:08 PM on Aug. 3, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Love shrimp/fish tacos with fresh salsa.
    Went out to Thai for lunch so having chicken tacos for dinner.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• We had grilled rib eyes, carmelized onions, mushrooms, green beans and southern slaw.

I've never had a shrimp taco. Im a huge huge seafood fan and tried a fish taco the other day. I didn't care for it. I'd definitely be willing to try a shrimp taco.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:35 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I made chicken yesterday, SO made burgers. I ate the chicken for lunch.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:40 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• OMG, they came out just like I had hoped.. I made a lime cabbage and chipolte mayo to top the taco's.. So simple but damn, so good..One happy girl right now :)

I don't care for the fish taco's either but I love the shrimp ones !!!!
    midnightmoma

Comment by midnightmoma (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• My 11 year old DS is eating his 4th one right now LOL
    midnightmoma

Comment by midnightmoma (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I continue to fail to master Indian food.Mine is ok ,edible ,good but nothing as good as in the Indian restaurants  .

I also gave up on frying food.I decided fried isn't good for us so when we really crave fried shrimp ,catfish ,chicken we will go out to restaurants so I gave up trying to fry....LOL at least that's my story and I am sticking to it ; )

drfink

Answer by drfink at 7:10 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• We were going to visit my favorite diner, and I've been looking forward to it all day. Now I don't know, because we were driving out that way so a friend could help my boyfriend with some computer stuff, and the friend is sick. Nothing's thawed out, so we'll either have fried eggs and polenta or we'll go out somewhere, but probably not the diner because it's too far to drive without a good reason. Bummer.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I stopped frying for years until I got a deep fryer :) I still only use it once every few months but it is better than before... I feel ya on that one Ballard, we have several little places we like to eat at but now that they are an hour away, we rarely go.. The taco's tonight was a money saver but it worked.. That place charges 14.00 for 3 shrimp taco's and no sides or chips and salsa at the table.. So for the 4 of us, too much for one nights dinner..
    midnightmoma

Comment by midnightmoma (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Aug. 3, 2013