Do you still wear old clothes (and by old I mean decades not a few years)?

We're doing a closet clean out, and finding a lot of stuff I forgot we had. Some was sentimental - the shirt I wore on our wedding day to get my hair done (only one I had stretchy enough to fit over the veil later to change), the dress I wore to my mother's funeral. Then I found an old sweatshirt from high school. I know it's from high school since it still has shoulder pads. That and the oh so 80's design on it. Still fits, though, so I figured I could hang onto it for around the house. Not sure I want to wear it outside though.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:17 PM on Aug. 3, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I have a few IOU sweatshirts and a tee shirt from boot camp and a-school.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Nope
    I go by the rule that if it hasn't been worn at least once during that season,it goes to goodwill

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:19 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I have a sweatshirt that's a good 10 years old that I still wear. I also have an old button up work shirt that used to be my dad's that I wear when doing housework etc. I just wear a tank top underneath, roll up the sleeves and tie it at my waist.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• A few. There's not too much I can still fit into. I went from a size four to a size twelve-ish over the last couple of decades.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:20 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I have a few things. I have a paper thin ratty Snoopy Wisconsin T-shirt that used to be my husband's. I've been wearing it since I stole it from him 17 years ago when we were kids, and it's still my favorite shirt.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• my dresses are vintage
    40's- 70's

everyday knock around stuff is from this century :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• have a few things. I have a paper thin ratty Snoopy Wisconsin T-shirt that used to be my husband's. I've been wearing it since I stole it from him 17 years ago when we were kids, and it's still my favorite shirt.

LOL we found one like that, too. Was DH's when I met him, but I used to steal it, then he'd steal it back, then it got worn out so we both quit wearing it, but he never through it out, so it's been folded in a drawer for about 5 years now.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I have a few sentimental things but I go by butterfly's rule.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:24 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• never through? oh wth
    NotPanicking

• Oh Lord! I have 3 closets full of clothes, dating back to God knows when, lol
    Now that youngest son has moved on....naw, better leave his closet alone, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2013