At what age do you get rid of the train table?

Our 5 & 7 year old only seem to use it to play store, or post office. Our son seems to only like trains once in awhile and the Hot Wheels sets don't really fit on it. We have an activity table we could set up in its place...but wondering if I should get rid of the train table completely. Once it is taken apart and stored away, I doubt it will come back out. Thoughts?

ALillyLover

Asked by ALillyLover at 7:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would give it away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:31 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• We had an elaborate wooden Thomas set for DS. I kept the trains he loved the best in a box for him. As an adult he may appreciate that I save them. The remainder of the set I sold for $50 which was nothing compared to what we put into it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:44 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Oh! He was about 6 when we did this.
    But_Mommie

• I'm storing a lot of my dau's things in our attic to spoil future grandchildren. I have given things away & don't want to do a garage sale. So I guess it's up to you & the kiddos. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:57 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• My son was about 4 when he quit playing with the train.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 8:39 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Whatever age the kids are when they quit using it, which it sounds as if yours have done.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:25 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I would chart how many time the kids play with the train table for a month
    Mark a column when the initiate the play and where you suggest and whether it is acted upon. After that you should easily see if it is worth while.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:15 AM on Aug. 4, 2013