Lower back ache with menstrual like cramps

My lower back feels very achy, the only way I can describe it is the feeling that I'd get a day or two before a period. I'm having some mild cramping and my thighs are aching as well. I haven't felt quite right for a few days now. It's hard to pee too...like hard to get the stream going but I was just tested for a bladder infection at a routine check up a few days ago.

Should I go get checked out or maybe wait it out until monday? I have also had the weird thick discharge (the kind that stretches) sorry I know that's tmi but it had an almost yellowy orange tinge to it at one point today and is back to clear.

I feel like I am bombarding my doctor's office with calls this pregnancy and I don't want to go into the ER if this isn't urgent. I just can't remember if this is normal or not :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Oh and I'm 5 months pregnant
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Hmm. I think you should call L&D and see if they can advise you if you don't have your after hours number for your doctor.

That said, NEVER worry about calling. That's what they're there for, doctors that go into OB/GYN know that they're going to get a lot of calls. And you're paying them dearly for the option :)
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:23 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• Yes, call. Never be afraid to call! The time you don't is the time when something is seriously wrong, you know?

Answer by gdiamante at 8:29 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I agree with the others; definitely call. When I opened the question, I was worried that you might be having a miscarriage, since a backache like you get before having cramps was how all of mine started. But since you're five months along, you're past the time when most miscarriages occur. Call the doc, and good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:21 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• It almost sounds like a bladder or kidney infection. Hopefully it would be something easy enough to treat...but yes, you should be seen by your doctor.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:27 PM on Aug. 3, 2013

• I have the same issue, but I am in menopause.....

Hey, I wonder if I am pregnant!!!! LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2013