my 6 month old

Help. Im a second time mom, and my 6 month old will not sleep in her crib. She also wont sleep if she dont have her bottle. She has acid reflex, the doctors said nothing was wrong with her since she was born but one doctor thought she might have it. They put her on the medication and it worked wonders. But she is so used to sleeping proped u, she will not sleep laying down. She constantly has to have her bottle in her mouth even if she is not drinking it and will not take a binky. I dont know what to do she wakes up every 1 to 2 hours. I have tried everything I could think of and nothing works.

ariel991021413

Asked by ariel991021413 at 12:03 AM on Aug. 4, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby didn't have reflux, but she learned to sleep propped up because she wore a brace for the first few months of her life to correct a congenitally dislocated hip. She was nine or ten months old before she would sleep flat in her crib. I propped her up in a swing to sleep, making sure there were blankets rolled up on each side of her so she wouldn't flop over. Then I gradually moved her to her crib but propped her up on one of those sleeping wedges so she wasn't flat. Could you start out by getting her weaned frm the bottle first, and then gradually work on the crib thing later? Maybe something else to hold in her hands like a stuffed toy would be a first step?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Every one to two hours sounds normal to me. Sleeping straight through would alarm the heck out of me. Waking is SIDS defense. And please, no bottles in the crib. Pacifier yes, bottles no.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I dont give her a bottle in the crib but she will not take a binky..I tried just letting her cry it but she just cries so much she lost her voice. My first daughter I had no trouble with at all. She was sleeping though the night the first day she came home. The doctor told me to put a pillow or blanket under her bed to prop her up but that didnt even work. I been trying to get her to take a sippy. The one that has the nipplelike a bottle but she refues it. Im at a lost.
    ariel991021413

Comment by ariel991021413 (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2013