Does this concern anyone? Terrorist Attack Coming adult content

U.S. Official: Al-Qaeda Planning Attack That’s ‘Going to Be Big,’ ‘Strategically Significant’ Aug. 4, 2013 9:22am Madeleine Morgenstern link

A senior U.S. official told ABC News they believe Al-Qaeda terrorists are planning an attack that is “going to be big” and “strategically significant,” based on intercepted communications. ABC News reported: “The part that is alarming is the confidence they showed while communicating and the air of certainty,” the official said, adding that the group — Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula — appeared to have a media plan for after the attack. Authorities do not know the exact target of the planned attack, according to the official. “We do not know whether they mean an embassy, an airbase, an aircraft, trains,” the official said. The official said there is concern about devices that could be implanted inside the body of a terrorist. “We are concerned about surgically implanted devices,” said. “These are guys who have developed the techniques to defeat our detection methods.” The official also said authorities were stunned that the group broke “operational security” — meaning they talked likely knowing it would be picked up by intercepts. The new details come as 21 U.S. embassies and consulates in the Muslim world closed their doors Sunday in the face of the threat, and a global travel warning was issued for U.S. citizens. CBS News reported Saturday that a team of operatives planning to carry out a major terror plot was “already in place.” –

marymargret

Asked by marymargret at 11:13 AM on Aug. 4, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Every year during the Anniversary of 9-11 the terror alert goes up.
    Does it concern me, yes. Every day that my son is in the military! 6 years prior when my oldest was in the service. But, for sanitys sake I can't allow myself to focus on it.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• The thought of what those who hate us, simply for being American & what they'd like to do to destroy us, is always on the back burner. I feel I am more aware of my surroundings since Sept. 11th. But like PMSMom said, to keep your sanity & not let the bastards win, you just have to live your life & hope for the best. And if the unthinkable should happen, at least we have the satisfaction of knowing the bastards will blow themselves up in the process.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• yes, it is disconcerting but myself as an individual cannot do much to stop it. all i can do is to continue living my life as normal and maybe be a little extra vigilant and keep myself as informed as possible via a reliable news source. hopefully the NSA is focusing less on facebook and more on terror threats ;P
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• It is almost September 1st. There is always something going on at this time of year. We just have to stay alert.

Answer by louise2 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Each and every person needs to always be on guard, alert, concerned, etc. We should always "think" like it's a possibility, BUT we should NOT let it stop us from our daily living. If we do, then THEY have won. Terrorism is not just physical, it's mental.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:11 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Today was supposed to be the day. No, I'm not letting it worry me.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:19 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• It doesn't worry me unduly. This is a part of our lives now. Many countries have been living with this for decades (modern era terrorism, that is) and we're just figuring it out.

We can only continue to be aware
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• @ gdiamante, Today was supposed to be the day for what? I have not heard anything about something happening today. My understanding is that they don't know when or where just that something is going to be happening soon. Did I miss something?
    marymargret

Comment by marymargret (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/03/politics/us-embassies-close/index.html

I think she may be referring to the closing of many embassies, beginning today. 

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:12 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Oh ok. cool.
    marymargret

Comment by marymargret (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2013