Help me dialate! No induction bashing please.

So my doctor has scheduled an induction for NEXT Friday if my little girl doesn't come on her own before then due to medical reasons. I am 1/2 cm, 70% effaced. I have an appt Monday morning and she said if i'm dialated to 3 or more then she will just send me to the hospital that day to have my water broken. I was Dialated 4cm and 80% with my daughter the week before I went into labor with her. Any ideas to help me dialate or get labor going and stay going so that I don't have to go through with the induction??

kstap_4

Asked by kstap_4 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have sex!
    At 38 weeks I was 90% and 3 cm dialated...
    I went in to labor early.
    Anonymous

• Take long walks with your SO-great way to spend some one-on-one time and get things going. Remember to drink lots of water, too ( which might help by making you run to the restroom more often in addition to keeping you hydrated LOL)
    chocolateroses

Answer by chocolateroses at 5:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• HORRIBLE PERSON lol im just kiding i dotn understand the bashing thingwhen it comes to this ..
    you could try walking sex my friend sara said pinneapple works lol idk but she said that is what helped her good luck i hope your little one comes before they have to evict her lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• hmm, i also heard fresh pineapple can help. I've never tried it yet. my midwife metioned Raspberry leaf tea..walking, sex,and last, but not least...CASTOR OIL..that is a very last resort!
    Aneq

Answer by Aneq at 5:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My contractions were 10 mins apart yesterday ALL DAY long and I tried walking, sex, a hot bath, spicy food, and walking up and down stairs trying to bring them closer together. They eventually just stopped all together. Very frustrating.
    kstap_4

Answer by kstap_4 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Sex, walk, sex, walk, more sex LOL

Answer by gemgem at 5:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• id say try the pinneapple my friend had her baby a month ago and she sadi that is all she did and her labor picked up fast
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• This isnt bashing, this is asking a question OK!
    What is so wrong with waiting for labor to start on its own? How far along ar you? If you are at 42 weeks then I would say its fair to try some natural methods but I have a feeling your pretty far away from 42 weeks, your full term at 40 weeks, are you at that point yet?
    The BEST way for a healthy pregnancy to come to an end and for a mom to go into labor is the natural way, I know its hard at the end, ive been there THREE times but I can not condone inductions unless mom or baby are in danger, thats the only time I feel they are right and warrented!
    Hope you dont feel I "bashed" you but I see SO many pregnant women asking this same question and I just dont understand why women cant just be a tad more patient and let there baby decide when it wants to be born.
    Good luck no matter what happens!
    OH, and I dont see the harm in walking and having sex!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 5:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• your full term at 40 weeks--- that is not true you are full term at 37 weeks just thought id let you know ... and some drs dont want people to go past a certain time period im having to have one and induction because im high risk and my dr is very worried about going all the way to 40 weeks
    Anonymous

• For cryin' out loud! She said for medical reasons! Is there some reason people can't read an ENTIRE post instead of picking out pieces and parts?
    Anonymous