Mom of boys....

do you have a go-to brand of pants? my son has worn nothing but childrens place pants for *years* literally years, I've bought nothing else. he starts 3rd grade next month and I am trying to get his wardrobe stocked a little but he's in a terrible size gap for the childrens place.... the 10 pants are too small but the 12s are freaking enormous. so at least for the time being we'll be getting pants elsewhere. curious on recommended brands .. it's been a long time since I've looked anywhere! I glanced at Penneys and thought the house brand (arizona?) was a little on the pricey side for wanting to buy 6-8 pairs

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:27 AM on Aug. 4, 2013 in Shopping

• Try oshkosh or lee
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Honestly, I think until they stop growing, or until the reach the age where they care about brand names, I would just get their clothes at consignment shops or watch for the sales. In my experience, it didn't matter who made the clothes, they were just rough on them & they only lasted so long.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Sears. You can usually find a bargain on the clearance rack. Even if you don't they aren't horribly priced. Unfortunately for me I will have to shop the men's department for my 12 year old this year.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:31 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Old Navy. A few times a year they go on sale for $10 each and I stock up. My 2nd son was on the skinny side and for him Levi's were about the only pair that were cut thin enough, at the time.

Answer by missanc at 11:32 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Goodwill @ $1.50/pair, less on half off days. I haven't bought DS new jeans since around 3rd grade, because he went through a pair a week, tearing out the knees on the playground at recess. I'll buy 6-8 pairs at a time, and if any don't fit correctly, donate them back on the next trip.

At his age, between the wear and growing, it would basically be throwing money away to spend so much on brand new that will be outgrown or shredded in less than a year.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:39 AM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Also, JC Penney's typically has a sale right before school starts. If I have the money, I buy each of my kids 1 brand new outfit and then if they need more clothes, I will get some either at Good Will or some other thrift shop. I take the tags off the clothes and my kids never know where I bought them. Besides, thanks to some singer, shopping at thrift stores is actually kinda cool.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:02 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I haven't checked in a long long time, but does Sears still do the Toughskins guarantee? I remember my mom getting quite a few replacement pairs for my brother because of it!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• We buy a lot of their pants at Target. The cost is reasonable and I know I can go in and grab a couple of pairs of what they need (usually in the next size from the current size.) And my younger son often benefits from the hand me downs of his brother, who has seriously grown like a weed for the past couple of years - so much that you can almost see it happening.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:17 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I like old navy because they have knee reinforcement patches built into the pants. My son will wear a hole in the knees two days into a new pair of pants. No clue how this kid does it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I just bought whatever was relatively cheap- and fit...they outgrow stuff so fast or ruin it anyway- I wasn't big on spending a lot on clothes when they were kids
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:16 PM on Aug. 4, 2013