Are you ready to send kid's back to school?

I am but I'm not! Ready to have some quiet but yet not ready for crazy running around week nights!

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

• No. I will miss having my son ride with me to and from work.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Yes. my Los have been bickering for the past two weeks now, I'm sooo ready for school lol

skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 2:35 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• yes and no. my middle one starts pre-k this year and im not ready for that, even though it's only 3 hours. but i suppose my youngest and i will enjoy having 3 hours a day to ourselves.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I have been since their last day of school. 22 days..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:53 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• YES!!!

I'm already sick to death of my 6 year old asking how many more days until school starts. There is exactly one month from today before they go back to school. My 9 year old just got back from a 2 week trip with my dad, so he's been fine, but it's coming.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:58 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Ehhh...
    my son is a Senior this year, and HAS to pass every class or he's not gonna make it after last year....
    he is a BITCH to geet out of bed every day, sleeps through alarms- so I have to make sure he gets up and that can be pretty awful some days. That means I have to be up at 5

so no, not really!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:39 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• *get not geet
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:40 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Kind of, and kind of not. My baby goes to all-day kindergarten in two weeks, and she's excited. I think it will be a great new challenge for her, but I'll miss her at the same time.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:47 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Yes. Our oldest starts his junior year a week earlier (Aug 15th) than the younger two, since he's going to tech school, and I'm so glad. He needs to focus on Auto tech, and his core classes, and less on his girlfriend.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Nope. I know I will be excited for the school year to start when it's time, but right now I am so happy that we have a full month left of summer. I am really loving the time, and just feeling really good lately about how we're relating & interacting, so I am not feeling like I want the kids out of here/back in school. (This is the first year all my kids will be in school; the younger two turned 5 last month and are starting school this year.)

I think I'd be super bummed if it were the end of summer already (if August had already flown by), or if an early start to the school year were breathing down my neck right now. Glad we have all (most) of August still ahead of us, and that it's all vacation.

My husband took this coming week off from work, so it feels even better! lol
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 7:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2013