Pain! *update*

so i had a biopsy last Monday.. the pain has been unbearable.. i got my period the day after the biopsy....... i am in soooooooo much pain.. i cant sit up cause it hurts..!!

i am waiting till Monday to call the obgy..

do you know any home remedies for period cramps..

i'm taking 700 mg of ibuprofen and it still not doing anything..

*update* i ended up going to the ER on monday... and guess what? i have a uterine infection from the biopsy.. i was given morphine at the hospital and it didn't even do anything for me... they had to give me stronger meds.. now usually morphine makes it all go away.. but the infection is so bad.. its not allowing my body to relax.. so i was given norco.. and antibiotics through iv.. and they tried to contact the OBGY and no answer.. and i called them.. monday morning with no answer either.. i finally got a hold of them today.. told them that i was told that i needed to get in to see the doctor asap.. and she said you'll be fine until the 19th................. unfortunately that is the only OBGY in our city......!! 

mampanda0422

Asked by mampanda0422 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 4, 2013 in Health

• What kind of biopsy? They can be painful for sure, but it shouldn't be debilitating. Can you give your doctor a call on their after hours line?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 2:48 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• try calling the after hours number and ask them what else you can do. the only thing i can think of that might help alleviate period cramps is a heating pad or warm wash cloth on your belly.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Yea? What kind of biopsy?
    Hot water bottle.

Answer by louise2 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• it was a biopsy of the lining of the uterus. i called the after hours line.. but they didn't really say anything but call back monday..

mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Hmm.

I guess I'd go with keeping up with the ibupropfen and maybe a hot water bottle, since your doctor's office doesn't feel it's unusual. Do you typically have bad cramping with your period?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:38 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I've had some good luck using acupressure to deal with menstrual cramps. I don't know if it will help with pain from a biopsy, but here's a link to a Web article about it.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/134764-pressure-points-relieve-menstrual-cramps/
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:41 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Try naproxen instead of the IB and get either a hot water bottle or a heating bad to help with the cramping.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• When I had a fibroid on my uterus, I was in pain for a month along with my period for just as long. My cure was a hysterectomy, but only because I wasn't going to have anymore kids. Three was enough for me. One year later, no more pain... and I welcomed the fact that I didn't have my period anymore. Try some midol.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2013

• i took 500 mg of vicodin last night and it didnt do much.. @amessageofhope that is my next step ive been considering it for awhile.. but the fact that i only have one child was stopping me, but i dont want to be in pain like this anymore..
    mampanda0422

Comment by mampanda0422 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2013