Just a couple questions post partum... may be tmi for some adult content

So I'm at the 7 week post partum date and I'm still bleeding. I haven't been back to the dr because I have no ins but I'm going to call and get in hopefully this week. Just curious if it was still normal to be bleeding this long after. Its been really dark and stringy. Its been turning brown like its old so I'm hoping I will stop soon but it did this before where it turned brown and started to slow down like it was going to stop, and then it started right back up bleeding again. Another question is my stitch came out at week 4 or 5 and I'm still really sensitive down there, it hurts to have sex. Is this normal? It feels like its not even healed but I've looked with a mirror, lol, and I don't see any cuts or anything. So I just was curious. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Aug. 4, 2013 in Health

• Sex hurt for 3 years pp for me. Call your Dr and ask the nurse about the bleeding. They cant charge you for asking a question over the phone. I only bled a week or so.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:37 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I concur about talking to a dr about the bleeding. As far as the sex, yes it's normal for it to be painful. 7 weeks is not that long. Sex was painful for me up to 6 months post partum. Your v-jay has been through some pretty dramatic stuff.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 5:54 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Sex was very painful for months after I had my baby. Lube is your friend. *Smile.* Are you overdoing it or being too active, lifting heavy things? All of that can contribute to bleeding.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:30 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• you aren't supposed to have sex til you're 6 weeks along AND dr gives the thumbs up for it..... i'd be worrying about infection and stuff. check your temp and call a nurseline. they dont care about ins.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:27 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I bled for a very long time. You should have had this appointment long ago, and you should NOT be having sex until you have the all clear.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:09 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I'd be concerned, too. Have you returned to work or have you been getting enough rest? I agree you need to speak to a nurse. Do you feel well otherwise? I'd be worried about anemia, not healing, and infection. You probably should wait till the bleeding stops before having sex.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2013