Why/when well it ever ovulate again! depo issues

I went on the depo probably about 3 years ago and my last injection was aug 12 its now
july 2013, and iv been taking ovulation test(s) and nothing! to let you guys in on more info i went on the bc pill in may to regulate my period which it work wonders and its been 2 cycles since ive stopped and im spot on regulated. so i should be ovulatuing right? anything answers or question im open for thank you! ps. ive been off the depo for 11 months now

bryannaxjoy

Asked by bryannaxjoy at 8:46 PM on Aug. 4, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Time will tell.

Answer by louise2 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Have you seen your doctor since you started the pill?

Depo is tricky. A few are able to get pregnant quickly after taking it. Many take much longer.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• yes i see her every 3 months to follow up from the depo. im thinking about asking for the meds for easy conceive.
    bryannaxjoy

Comment by bryannaxjoy (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Make sure you're well educated on what that entails. There's a lot of information to take in so make sure the doctor provides you will all the details.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:03 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I was on Depo for 4 1/2 years. My last shot was July 9, 2011. At one point I asked my doctor about starting a pill to regulate/force my cycles. While the pill will force menstruation, it will not force ovulation.

Depo seriously fucks with your hormones. It can take quite a while to get back to your normal.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:10 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• do you know if youre ovulating and/ or when you started to?
    bryannaxjoy

Comment by bryannaxjoy (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• im just nervous because if my body naturally isnt ready to ovulate the i dont want to force it using meds. i also hear if you are thin the depo shot wears off quicker? because its stored in fat cells
    bryannaxjoy

Comment by bryannaxjoy (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• Your body will ovulate and produce the proper environment when it s ready to. Give it some time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:01 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• No clue if I am or not. When the timing's right, I'll get pregnant again. It's kind of pissing me off that it's taking this long, when I got pregnant within 3 months of stopping BCP with my other two.

Patience is not a virtue I possess much of.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:59 PM on Aug. 4, 2013

• I hear you 110 percent.. i heard it could take 6 months to 2 years.... im just gonna count my blessing im only on month number 2 of being off bcp and month number 11 for depo
    bryannaxjoy

Comment by bryannaxjoy (original poster) at 12:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2013